Wednesday 4 February 2015

Early Victorian hairstyle Practise

Practise with Curls
1. First brush through the hair to get rid of any nots
2. using a tail comb, and the centre of the nose as a starting point, put the hair into a centre parting.
3. using the tail comb again, part the front of the hair, just in front of the ears. Pin this in place for later.
4. with the rest of the hair, brush into a mid or high pony.
5. plait or twist the ponytail and form a bun shape, pin into place.
6. Using a small barrel iron, curl the remaining front sections.



I was quite happy with my first attempt at early victorian hair. Although if I were to re do the look I would make the bun neater. I found it hard to make the curls tight the whole way down, but my curling irons grip was quite loose so some parts of the hair were falling out. I would check my equipment before beginning the style. 

You can change step 6 to create a more formal early victorian style. 
6. Plait one of the front sections. Loop this over the ear so it hangs at the jawline and pin in place. 
7. Repeat to the other side. 



No comments:

Post a Comment