Saturday 21 March 2015

Miss Havisham Face Charts

I have gained so much knowledge of Miss Havisham through my research so I began to create some face charts to decide what sort of look I wanted my own interpretation to have. 
For my first face chart I really concentrated on the ageing of Miss Havisham, as I wanted her to look old and withered. I gave her very contoured cheeks to show her thin figure and concentrated her wrinkles in the areas that show a sadder life such as frowning wrinkles on the brows. I also made her eyes look tired with a bit of red on the waterline and created shadow to make her skin look dropped. Although I like this face chart I feel that she may look a little too old, and she doesn't have many other features to duplicate the extreme detail in the novel. 



My second face chart was a quick attempt at an earlier Miss Havisham, I wanted to portray her at the exact moment life stopped for her. Her lips were painted but smudged, her cheeks had mascara tears falling down over the rosy cheeks. her mascara had gone onto her eyelids and smudged. Although I enjoy this sort of look I feel its more of a fashion interpretation of the character and I don't think historically the makeup would of been this strong therefore this was only an idea. 

My final and favourite face chart is more correct to what you would expect of the character. I have aged her, but quite naturally as it's a film rather than theatrical. I wanted the skin under her eyes to be quite red as if she had been crying and had little sleep. her lips are cracked as she doesn't drink a lot of fluid and may also bite her lips. This look has a lot more details but still isn't too complicated as it has to be easy to recreate. I think this is the design I'm going to do. 

No comments:

Post a Comment