Saturday 21 March 2015

Miss Havisham Hair charts

I also created three different options for Miss Havishams hair all that were historically correct to the times. 
My first options an early victorian style that uses plaits to frame the face. everything else is scraped back into a middle bun. To add a little bit of a Miss Havisham twist the hair won't be fully back, there will be a few stray hairs. I think this hair design is a little too simple and I don't think she would of done this for her wedding. 

 My second design had a mid victorian influence as there were curls along the back under the mid bun. There is plaits to frame the face that join into the bun. Although I enjoy this style I think it wouldn't be accurate to a style in the early victorian era. 
My Final design was my favourite as I think its the most historically accurate while also being appropriate for a wedding. with tight curls framing her face I think it is a more romantic feel and the rest of the hair is put up into an interesting bun. By half the bun being a plait and half being twisted it creates two different textures into the bun. Finally to make it more realistic to Miss Havisham's character there is slight greying at the roots and the hair is a little bit messy with stray hairs. 

No comments:

Post a Comment