Thursday 16 April 2015

Estella Assessment

During our assessment we were not only being assessed on our design and skills but also on our etiquette while creating these looks. We had to make sure we took note of our consultation notes of the model, our face charts, hair charts and any other pictures we referred to had to be put up on the mirrors. I also had my hair and make up kit set out ready and the bags put out of the way so my work area was clear. Finally I placed my wrap over my models shoulders and I was ready to begin. 



 To begin the make up I cleansed, toned and moisturised the models skin. I used my Illamasqua primer as a base. Using a mix of the ultra foundation palette and colour FS 38 and 070 from the supra colour palette I created a pale foundation base for the skin, making sure to take this down the neck and onto the shoulders, as well as onto the ears and blending into the hairline. Using my Mac 109 and the colour 101 from the blusher palette I contoured the temples, cheekbones, jawline and nose. Using my Illamasqua Brow cake in Gaze and my Kryolan 9806 I lightly filled in the brows. I then cleaned my Kryolan 9806 and used a mixture of LC007, LC005 and LC004 from the lip rouge mini palette to fill the lips. Finally using the Ben Nye palette I created the bruises on the eye, neck and shoulder, adding 8 hour cream I made the bruise look swollen. I then used a palette knife and red and purple from the Ben Nye Palette to create the "scratches". I then used Illamasqua translucent powder on the areas of the skin that only have foundation to set the look. 
I was really happy with how the the make up went for this look, I think it was a good way to show the character in a different light. This was definitely my favourite look to create so far in the gothic horror blog. 

To create the hair I first brushed through the whole thing to get rid of any tangles. I then sectioned off the front of the hair just behind the ears and clipped in place. With the remaining hair I put into a high ponytail. Taking 2  inch pieces of hair I then hair sprayed each section and then curled the hair. Taking one of the front sections and half it. Taking the bottom half, brush from the root and curl the very ends. Using a grip pin the curl next to the ponytail, making sure the straight part is slick to the head. With the top half curl the ends again, hoop the hair round and pin above the ponytail with the decorative clips. Finally hairspray the look to keep and stray hairs down. 
My model has a lot of thick, long hair and we had a time limit so it was hard to recreate the look exactly the same as they would do in the mid-late victorian era. I new it would take too long to curl the whole hair if it was down so I put it up first. When I added the curls from the side I think it gave the hair a new dimension and I like how it turned out in the end. 
I was happy with my over all look and think that it was a good representation of Estella during her marriage. 

No comments:

Post a Comment