Thursday 16 April 2015

Estella Hair charts

Keeping in mind my models hair I created three different hair designs that were possibilities for my version of Estella. I created the first design keeping in mind a late victorian hairstyle, as this would be the most historically correct. However with my model having such long and thick hair I wasn't sure if this look would take too long in my time limit. 

For my second look I took into consideration my models hair. The style involved leaving two inch sections at the front of the hair, parted in the middle. With the rest of the hair put into a high pony and curling the ends. I would then halve one of the sides and with the hair closest to the pony I would sleek back across the hair, place over the hairband with bobby pins and curl the ends. With the front piece I would loop round and up to the top of the ponytail, curling the ends. I think I would get decorative clips to place those pieces of hair.  

My final design incorporated aspects from both of my previous designs. Once again because my models hair will be long and thick, I've chosen to put it up into a high/mid pony, with all of the ends curled about one inch thick. The front is parted in the middle with the a curl either side to frame the face, and a sleek loop to fall back over the hairband. I liked this design but I feel my second was more historically correct out of the two. 



No comments:

Post a Comment