Thursday 16 April 2015

Fashion inspired by Horror

Many of the make up looks in fashion are now inspired by a number of things, one of those being Horror. One of my favourites is designer John Galliano S/S show in 2010 where make up artist Pat Mcgrath created these beautiful "hollywood sweetheart" looks. The theme "Yesterday Once More" brings the idea of the black and white Hollywood into the lights. The dramatic feature in this look was the gold highlighted inner corners of the eyes and the black beauty spot against the pale base. The colours smudge over the thin brows as if the eyes are "dirty". 

Rosales, J. (No Date ). Make up Fashion and Fantasy . Available: https://www.pinterest.com/jaazros/makeup-fashion-fantasy/. Last accessed 16th April 2015.
I recreated one of my favourite looks from the show, as I love the deep purples and how they compliment the bright and bold orange. I love how even though it is quite a messy look it still catches my attention of being quite beautiful. To Begin I cleansed and toned the face to give a clean base for my foundation. I then used my Illamasqua primer to make a smooth base with my Kryolan 9930 brush. 
For the foundation I used a mix of 070 supra colour and Fs38 from the ultra foundation palette and the brushes Kryolan 9930 and Uspicy flat brush to create a white base. To set the foundation I used a Illamasqua loose powder and a powder puff. To contour the cheekbones I used my pointed Uspicy brush and colour 101 from the blusher palette. 




Using colour Shallot from the Viva Brilliant colour medley matt palette and brushes Kryolan 9712, 3710 and real techniques deluxe crease brush I added colour to the inner brow bone, the lid and round to the lower lash line. Using Kryolan 9720 to blend when needed. Using a flat rounded crown brush and Mac 217 to blend I added Turmeric to the outer brow bone and just under the colour Shallot on the lower lash line. To highlight the inner corner of the eye I used Half Baked from my Naked 2 palette and my small real techniques rounded brush to apply it.

 

To create the thin brow just above my natural brow I used number 17 high drama intense liquid liner. I also used this to create a beauty spot under one eye where the highlighter would be. 
 

Finally using colours LC009 and LC010 I created the cupids bow shape on the top lip, leaving the outer corners white, I followed this colour down to the middle part of the bottom lip. I used my Kryolan 9806 brush to do this, to make the outer parts whiter I used brush 9362 and 070 from the supra colour palette. To make the colour more purple I added some of the eyeshadow Shallot. 
I was happy with my overall look as I loved the bright colours against the white. If I was to do it again I would make the placement of the brows more equal, and also the colour to blend further out. However I was happy at how smooth the base was and also how the lips turned out. I would also maybe make the gold more bold. 



No comments:

Post a Comment