Sunday 12 April 2015

Two Sides To Estella

In one of our first lessons studying Estella we were asked to do two sides of the character on one face. I wanted to portray Estella on one side as beautiful and youthful and on the other side as her beaten self once she is married. 

I began by using cleanser, toner and moisturiser and then used my Illamasqua primer as a base. Then I used a mix of the FS 38 from ultra foundation palette and 070 from the supra colour palette I applied the mixture with the Uspicy foundation brush. Then using Illamasqua loose powder and a stippling brush I set the foundation. Next using my Uspicy pointed brush the colour 101 from the blusher palette I contoured the face on the cheekbones, jawline, down the nose and the temples. Using the Uspicy rounded brush and Blush Mauve from the glamour glow palette I applied to the apples of the cheeks. I filled the brows using number 9806 Anis from Viva Brilliant colour medley matt i filled the eyebrows, I wanted it to look as natural as possible so I tried not to do it too strong. On the "beautiful" side I added some Elizabeth Arden 8 hour cream to the highlight of the cheek to give a fresh dewy look. Using a mixture of LC007, LC005 and LC004 from the lip rouge mini palette I painted half of the lip again, as I feel she wouldn't bother making up her face when her face is bruised. I also applied mascara to only this side. I then used the colours purple, yellow, blue and red from the ben nye palette to create a bruise on the other side of the face. I added some 8 hour cream to make the bruise look swollen. 


If I was to re do the look I would make the bruise darker, as although it showed in person it didn't come out as well on camera. This is something I need to consider with all my looks as I need the make up design to show in my final images. I would also then pair this with a late Victorian hairstyle, with loose curls falling at the back of the hair under a high plaited bun, and waves framing the face. I would also include some hair accessories to make the look more upper class. 

No comments:

Post a Comment