Tuesday 5 May 2015

Quentin Hair Charts

I have never done hair charts for a male character before so was at first quite unsure what different styles to create. I used characters from Penny Dreadful as inspiration for my three looks. 
Taking inspiration for the character Victor Frankenstein I first wanted to do quite a natural curl to the hair, in a side parting. I liked how simple it was however I wasn't sure if this was going to work with my models hair as its not as wavy as this design. 

My second design took inspiration from Dorian Gray. The hair is slicked into a middle parting and is very straight against the head. The front sections are long while the bottom is a medium length. I liked this design however the fringe comes onto the forehead and this is where I wanted my stitches for Quentin to be, therefore the design wouldn't work. 

My final design is a mixture of the first two, while also taking into consideration my models natural hair. As my model had a haircut planned for just before my shoot, I made a design that incorporated the short back and side with the long top. I wanted that hair to be natural, so I wouldn't add any wax and would come the front so it went along the front like Dorian Gray, but without covering the main feature in my makeup look. 

No comments:

Post a Comment